Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A few notes to start.....

The free online dictionary I found define quilt as: A coverlet or blanket made of two layers of fabric with a layer of cotton, wool, feathers, or down in between, all stitched firmly together, usually in a decorative crisscross design.
So remember that quilting is just sewing layers of fabric together in a fun design.


A few things to keep in mind:
  • Have fun with your design. I usually don't have a specific design in mind when I go to pick out fabric. I usually have colors or a theme (jungle, bugs, cars, etc.) that I would like to use.
  • Always wash your fabric first. That way the quilt can be washed later with out shrinking.
  • I usually like to use a heavy cotton for the middle and a soft fleece for the backing. Lately, I've been using the same for both (cuz it was cheap at Jomar) and I'll just dye the white cotton the color that I need for the backing.
  • You can do anything... so have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment